Thursday, December 31, 2009

Making my formal introduction into society - trailing my platoons of lace

For the women AND men who love the understated, quality - fight over it when you're dead merchandise, will find treasures here. My highest priority is to identify timeless designs, clothing, footwear, etc. Things my grandma could have worn to the dinner about town or at home, something my grandfather would have worn on his farm coming in from the barn, sitting down in his favorite chair drinking a steaming tea. I feel non-hippster men's street style is overlooked 90% of the time. I intend to continue researching men's merchandise! Dan, my best friend has inspired that search and I have grown to love in particular, men's footwear.

Buying quality products is a wonderful way to preserve our earth as we consume less pairs of shoes for example (take those babies to the cobbler to be re-soled!). I want to buy things I can't make myself (at least right now!) and I want them to LAST. I also need them to be made close by to avoid senseless energy waste importing shoes from a foreign country. To start supporting this idea I've decided to focus this blog on products made in the USA.

My personal style I like to call: tattered proportions. My friends just shake their heads and grin when I show like a tattered raggedy anne. Another style that particular interests me and that I'm excited to wear as I grow older is the flowing, draping 20s-inspired grace of older women's garments (sans 20s cloche hats - ack!) But let me emphasize one more time that whenever I buy, I ask myself...how long will these last? How well will it withstand washings? How much will I need to wash it in the first place? (wool, etc). Is this leather full grain...how long before a hole might appear? Sensible, practical, USA (if not local!) style.

I hope you appreciate these finds. Love, Sanguine


No comments:

Post a Comment