Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Boys & Girls Pirate Kit! Eye Patch and Telescope 100% leather

Hi folks. It's me and I've listed my very first item at Etsy.com! I was inspired by my nephew's birthday party and decided he needed a pirate telescope and eyepatch that could handle being stepped on and drooled on, tackled, etc (; His brother had one made out of cardboard and it died a sad death. Little kids are funny...he stared at the birthday bag, and then calmly but quickly pulled out the tissue paper one by one, dropping each on the ground next to the bag, pulled out the eyepatch, pulled out the telescope, looked at me, and walked away.. I think he was so overwhelmed by the MILLIONS of presents he received he just couldn't take it in. Later, however, he LOVED his new pirate kit, as you can tell from his grin grin in the following pictures. I made his telescope with a loop he can put on his wrist, but I'm thinking I might try another with a sheath that attached to a belt, or perhaps a snapping loop to fit on a belt loop! Basically, nothing beats talking pirate talk with your 3 year old nephew.








No comments:

Post a Comment